Big weekend!

mws

Spent many, many hours out in the playground, err, garage this weekend working on my "new" (Transworld's old) '88 Pathy.

- Fabricated a bracket to mount a 2-speed 3.8L Taurus electric fan, and installed a brand new radiator. 110 degree days? I laugh at thee.... With A/C on MAX STUN with no worries....

- Major upgrades on 12V power supply in preparation for the 10K lb electric winch. Running twinned 4 ga welding cable to the grill AND the hatch area so I can hang winch off front or rear.

- Fabricated bracket to mount the remote oil filter, some fuses, and a bunch of relays. The bracket fits on top of the fender behind the battery.

- Installed the L&P center link, pitman arm and 4 new Moog tie rod ends. Combined with the bushings, ball joints, Heckethorn shocks, and Rough Country UCA's I installed a few weeks ago, the steering and suspension is all in factory fresh "perfect as can be" condition. Just need to get her aligned now.

And even had time to change the steering gear in my nephew's F-350. THAT was a tough job. Lots and lots of force required....

And then started swapping stereo components from '87 to '88. And front seats. And a bunch of other little stuff.

Tonight, start wiring up the electric fan and pull all the stereo wires from dash to rear.

Man, you so got that right.... I think it was Wednesday evening when I was out there and made the mistake of looking at the thermometer - 106 and 35% humidity. :o And that was an hour after dark. No wonder it felt uncomfortable! Could only work about 30 minutes before needing to go in and cool down a bit.

This past weekend was comparatively frigid! Peaked out at only 98 on Friday, 95 on Saturday, and 92 yesterday - and the humidity was back down under 20%. I can work in those conditions forever.

We get a couple more days of sub 90, and then back up to the upper 90's. By then, I hope to be relatively done for a few months. Gotta get back to Frankenvan! With all the "non-fun" things over the past few months plus the need to get this pathy fully road worthy so I could sell the '87, I have not been working on it at all.