carpets

cohen

so....since lift + bigger tires dun't seem like a good option with the anal dad at the moment. I figure I've got a pretty good sound system now...7months and $2500 down the road I want my pathy to be noticed at shows or "meets" for looks since the other option seems impossible. So option #2 is things to make it look better... the carpets are disgusting and I've seen this carpet and upholstry paint. I think black carpets and black accent pieces and stuff would make it look better.

I just used the pictures I already had on my computer to mess around with so here's what I have so far.

I want to start with carpets...

img08641nf2.jpg

suggestions and comments are welcome! :idea:

I can almost guarantee you won't get the result you're after if you paint your carpet. The fibers will clump together and mat up and generally look like mung. You're much better off trying to clean them or replacing them with something like [shameless plug for Jay] a carbon black carpet set [/shameless plug for Jay].

I was afraid it would clump and I was pretty sure that it wouldn't come out how I wanted it, but I looked at all new carpets on jcwhitney and the cheapest is like $380. :eek: but I also figure I have nothing to loose because it can't really get much worse then it is now, atleast it'll all be one color :lol:

ps. how much for carpet jay? what year is it for and is it all of it from front to back?

I bought some blue for the front off some ebay store and used grey indoor/outdoor rubber backed stuff from Home Depot for the rear. The front was about $100 and the rear was like $30. It even matched my speaker box -Bonus!

Also w/ mine, (I'll try and get pics soon) I had the armrest reapolstered (20 dollars) and used the left overs to make some black flams that go on the door panel surrounding a Nissan logo I pulled off of a newer HB. Looks pretty good, On the drivers side it's going to get the word pathfinder w/ the black flame job... I'll try and get pics soon, camera is broken... :(

duplicolor plastic and vynal dye (well i cant spell) its like 5 bucks a can and it worls good

i used iut on my carpet and it looks great pm me if you want some pics

....plastic and vinyl?? carpets are neither plastic...or vinyl....but it works on it?? :huh:

I learned my one new thing for the day... :beer:

so tomorrow I'm just gonna go to like advance auto or something and tell them what I'm thinking about doing and let them tell me what I need..not that I don't trust you guys..just b/c they might tell me something else and I figure I only have one chance at it and I'm really not looking forward to ripping the carpets out more then once.

personally, once my carpets get so bad from stains, mud, and just plain out worn through, im just gonna pull them out. i have seen some vehilcles with herculiner floors. they took out all the carpet, and plastic trim. and put on like 547612348971354 coats of the stuff to really dampen the sound, and also to make the floor look to be flat, even if it wasnt in the first place.....

i think DaveC did something like this...but i dont think he ever posted pics......

-sam