Fuel Tanks

Guest LMT

Hi all. I am wanting help and advice on a fuel tank swap. I want to fit LPG to my vehicle and have to replace the fuel tank so I can fit a larger gas tank where the fuel tank is. What year model ( Australia) vehical has the fuel tank mounted on the drivers side ? I will have to make and change the filler neck fittings but that will not be to bad if there is a tank that will bolt in without mods.

Has anyone got advice on LP duel fuel systems to fit the VG30I ?

Thank You.

Little Monster Truck.

linky

Here's a post from a guy in Central America that converted to lpg. He didn't post pics of the fuel storage, but it looked like he stored the LPG in the cargo area. That makes the most since because he could run either fuel and didnt have to mod the tank.

Hope it helps and b.t.w. Welcome. Go to new people start hear and introduce yourself. Give everybody a chance to say hello!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all. I am wanting help and advice on a fuel tank swap. I want to fit LPG to my vehicle and have to replace the fuel tank so I can fit a larger gas tank where the fuel tank is. What year model ( Australia) vehical has the fuel tank mounted on the drivers side ? I will have to make and change the filler neck fittings but that will not be to bad if there is a tank that will bolt in without mods.

Has anyone got advice on LP duel fuel systems to fit the VG30I ?

Thank You.

Little Monster Truck.

You could try a Navara tank and see if that'll fit. BUT you may as well have it dedicated to gas. At least that way it is tuned 100% for it. Duel fuel is a is a compromise tune at best, and given that the Pathies are fairly gutless, you shouldn't compromise it anymore than necessary.

I am fairly sure that you can get cylinders to fit in where your tank was. Just get a bigger tank or get them to link two tanks together (like the dedicated LPG Fords) and screw the petrol for good. That's unless of course your in QLD and don't pay a tax on a tax for fuel like the rest of us do in OZ.

I have seen a Pathy with an LPG tank in the back. Not only did it look repulsive, there was no space for anything else. So what ever you do, have it installed under the floor. A body lift will also aid with tank size.