well..I finally did it

Pavelow Leaks

Just got off the phone with Calmini...my steering kit will be here by next wednesday..My new rims and tires will be installed in about an hour, they would be already on but they had to get the rims from across town. So I have to go back. Body lift from AC will be here on the 8th..or so UPS says, I'll be fully converted from Pathfinder of Doom to Bitchin Pathfinder of Doom very soon.

I decided to get 32x11.50's BFG AT's...If I feel I need bigger next time around I'll go that route, but I think I'll be happy with it.

My new mod list will be

3" Jim Conner Racing Lift w/ Dual shocks on all corners

3" Body lift

Calmini steering kit

32x11.50x15 BFG AT's on black steelies.

Sorry for the rant..I'm just excited. -bounce- -bounce- -bounce-

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

If it is it is...I'm fairly certain I'm deploying in a couple weeks...and I told them this, and he said it'd be there by wednesday. With 2 free shirts cuz they don't give a military discount. The guy on the phone was awesome.

If it gets here it gets here, if it doesn't I'll put it on when I get back.

Only time will tell

Dude was cool as can be, even offered up free t-shirts for me and the wifey. You can't beat that with a football bat.

They are making a killing off you buying their parts, the shirts aren't exactly "free"

I'm sorry, did I mistake my money for your money? I know they arent free, but I woulda paid for the kit anyway, cuz I wanted it..so I ordered it. So bonus shirts are just that...a bonus. Quit tryin to rain on my parade :P

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

although they are the exact same as the cragars from summit..they are made by "unique wheels" probably the dumbest name ever for a company that makes steelies..but they were cheaper than the cragars with my discount.

They pulled it outta the bay with the chrome center caps that said "unique" on them all big...I literally threw up a lil in my mouth..then proceeded to have them pull it back in and take em off. Chrome is not my pathy's forte.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

No core charge hassle, basically no downtime. I like the design...I've seen it on 2 of my friends xterra's. (Basically the same setup) It seems a bit beefier, possibly overkill, but whatever. And yea..no real good reason, I just wanted the Calmini.

hehe, I like the fact that their SL Kit was complete... no piece mealing it.... If I were to do it again I would prolly go with RC UCA's and AC Springs and use the stock T-Bars... Live and learn I guess....

Let me know how u like the Steering Kit... Im still up in the air on that... and no $$$ in the fun budget this month :confused:

Yup, sometimes it is worth it to jump through 30 hoops to save some bucks, sometimes it just isn't. As long as you're happy, well, dam, I'm happy for you, too!

Big hug...

Post up what difference you see in fuel economy. Remember to factor in the odometer error due to the diameter difference.

You're going from about a 29" on aluminum to a 32" on steel, right? I'm putting my nickel on, ummm, a 3.2 mpg reduction.

Edited by mws

I'm goin from a 31 to a 32...so I don't think I'm going to see a huge difference, maybe lose a few MPG..but my fuel guage doesn't work anyway, so I'll never notice lol. The rims are 15x8 with a 4 inch backspace, I'll get a head on shot for ya tommorrow, its cold & dark right now.

To all the nay sayers...I'd like to announce that my Calmini steering kit has arrived, in 3 days as promised. :D I almost kissed the UPS guy...cuz he had my body lift too!!

B E A Utiful

DSC04295.jpg

Beefy pitman arm

DSC04296.jpg

DSC04297.jpg

Big ole idler arm

DSC04298.jpg

aaand a 3 inch body lift!

DSC04300.jpg

-bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce- -bounce-

I may be a lil happy!

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

Their steering stuff has always looked pretty good, and the design seems like it makes sense. I just question whether or not it's worth the extra over L&P.