Engine Swap

ShadowManR6

so i came across an 05' pathy engine for a pretty cheap price, me having an 87 idea clicks into my head of how hard would it be, or if even possible to swap the 05 into the 87, would there be problems as far as size issues of amount of space for engine, i understand would have to go through a lot of replacing of stuff but figure if the price is right and cheaper, i'm too in love with my wd21 and lookin for any options for improvements :(

Edited by ShadowManR6

I would think your probably going to need a new tranny too. I am not sure if your tranny would bolt up to an 05. Then all your wiring would also need to be changed, I think you would need to obviously fab up some new motor and tranny mounts. And quite a few other things would need to be changed. I am just speaking off the top of my head, I am not a mechanic by ANY means. But depending on your mechanical ability anything is possible.

I'm certainly no mechanic myself, but I believe your going to need a WHOLE Lot more than just the engine.

EG, the ECU, Possibly the tranny/t-case, the wiring harness, countless custom brackets, lots of bandaids and a large supply of beer.