Dilemma

Pavelow Leaks

I've been offered $5500 for the pathfinder, and there is a '90 notchback mustang with 11k on it (bone stock) in immaculate condition for $5000 for sale here locally. I find myself struggling to decide...the mustang is worth way more than what they are asking, but I do love my pathy so..and I think its worth more ( I know its not really). I've put alot of time and $$ getting the Pathfinder the way I want it, but I've had 6 mustangs, so I have more of an affection for them. What to do what to do. :mellow:

Come on man, go with your heart. If you don't want to wheel, get rid of the Pathy. To me, it looks like you love wheeling, and why would you want to stop that for another mustang?

Don't do it.

If you enjoy wheeling but cannot pass up this deal then you can always get another Pathy. However, you should also consider how uncommon your pathfinder really is (JC suspension parts).

Is the intent to sell the mustang for more if you buy it or keep it?

It really comes down to what you want to do... wheel, cruise the streets/race or make a couple bucks and buy another truck.

I do love wheeling, but Ive been racing since I was 9. And I can always get another pathfinder, but a 90 mustang notch in perfect condition with 11K miles on it for 5 grand is not an everyday occurance. I don't want to buy the mustang to flip it and make a profit, I would keep it.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

Guest SuperSon

If you know youre getting a killer deal on the mustang and saving about $5000 (on top of the asking price) if you would have build one like that yourself then you can probably sell the pathy but take the susp system out .

You can always get a decent pathy that you can wheel with for around 2k. You can always add tires and some other stuff to it later down the road. It sounds like that mustang is too good of a deal to pass up and itll probably only happen just this time.

If that mustang is worth about 10 grand then its well worth it sacrificing your pathy for now by selling it.

Simple Test to find the Solution to your Delemma:

Its a Race(because we all know you love racing)

Race to the Top of this Hill. Winner gets to sleep in the Garage....

Picture115.jpg

PL I feel your Pain, I went from a 82 LandCruiser to a 85 RX7 Having a Pavement pounder is fun. Ultimately its your decision. Personally Id Keep the Pathy, it has the most unique Suspension System on this forum and you Add some good stuff to it as well...

Well, thats a hard call for someone other than you to make. I'd say if it was just to make some quick cash, go for it. If it's to keep the other stang (and obviously do some work to it), well, you seem overleveraged already if you can't dig up $5k.

If you don't plan any mods and just drive it, Then it just depends which is more important to you.

I prefer to have a variety of vehicles myself. 4x4, convertible, motorcycle, etc...

B

Well, thats a hard call for someone other than you to make. I'd say if it was just to make some quick cash, go for it. If it's to keep the other stang (and obviously do some work to it), well, you seem overleveraged already if you can't dig up $5k.

If you don't plan any mods and just drive it, Then it just depends which is more important to you.

I prefer to have a variety of vehicles myself. 4x4, convertible, motorcycle, etc...

B

Not to be an asshole, nor is my financial situation any of your business but I have the 5 grand, the problem was justifying to the warden why I should spend 5 grand on another mustang, when I just spent a bunch on a turbo/supporting mods (block, intake manifold, axles, wheels, drag radials..blah blah...) for my 03, a bunch for my steering and body lift and rims/tires for the pathy, a new top & top motor for my olds, so on & so forth. She says, I have too many toys..I say she talks too much. Basically I was told to sell one, so I picked the pathy, because it is the least valuable to me aside from the quad and dirtbike. Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn, and I try to keep the bitchiness to a minimum if it's within my power.

BTW I have a fairly nice variety of vehicles athankyou! All of which have full front ends intact. :X

1. 03 Mustang GT paid off

2. 90 pathfinder paid off

3. 71 Olds 442 W-30 convertible, paid off

4. 85 Dodge Power Ram 4x4 w/ a 440 six pack crate motor, paid off

5. 96 suzuki king quad 4x4

6. 00 YZ 250

good day sir. :beer:

Guest SuperSon

Hey you forgot the weekly trip to see bridgette.thats atleast $100 each time you visit :lol:

So what youre trying to say is youre scared of the wife :hide:

Hey you forgot the weekly trip to see bridgette.thats atleast $100 each time you visit :lol:

So what youre trying to say is youre scared of the wife :hide:

exactly! :P She let's me do pretty much whatever I want, (wheelin, racing, midgets) and she's an awesome person, so I do what I can to keep her happy.

Not to be an asshole, nor is my financial situation any of your business

Ever notice that when it starts like that, thats what you get? You are right, I never considered it my business so why even go there? 'overleveraged already if you can't dig up $5k' was in the context that you can't justify spending it. I pass by good deals on things I want all the time simply for that reason.

The rest was just to break down how I would decide. You did ask...

:beer:

B

Guest SuperSon
exactly! :P She let's me do pretty much whatever I want, (wheelin, racing, midgets) and she's an awesome person, so I do what I can to keep her happy.

did you ever noticed that all the toys youve been buying actually cost you more than it should.The reason is you hafta buy her something too and no way we married man are going to win, you might think that youve won sometimes but that guilt trip is going to get you in the end :laugh:

LOL, us boys and our toys. Sorry you missed on your stang. I've been hovering over my brother's 89 LX 5.0, lowered and more of a street/track car. I feel ya... sorta.

As for the toys, gentlemen, the key is let them do what they wish. My wife is into crafts and stamping stuff. She brings home toys, I don't complain. I bring home truck loads of toys, she doesn't complain. Turnabout is fair game. :beer: