BACK on 2 wheels!

mws

Yessssss.... First day riding the Triumph ('95 Speed Triple) in almost a year! -bounce-

And what a gorgeous day to do it on! B)

My life takes another step towards my preferred normalcy...

Send us some pics/videos of your bad bike in action, when you get the time, that is.

Did I ever tell you that my buddy eventually bought one of the bikes we checked out after visiting you? Yup. Brand new '07 Triumph Speed Triple. Black, just like mine!

Hmmm..... the no pics of the Speed Triple on the hard drive. Have to fix that!

In the meantime,

heeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee's Connie!

This was taken a few years ago during a wanderbout. Stopped to say hello to a buddy in Austin, TX. Hard to forget that day, pic taken at 8:00 am and it was already high 80's and ludicrous humidity.... I think I ended up doing something like 800 miles that day to get the he!! out of the tropical front. Just rode until thermometer dropped below 90. Finally stopped somewhere in Colorado.

post-25-1173991636.jpg

Cool Martin, feels good, doesn't it? I've done a few rides (hit triple digits in the first 1/2 mile :D ) but I just let the insurance lapse. Time to sell the CBR and get the K75 rolling again. :unsure:

B

-bounce- i wish is till had a bike.. tho i am not real swift at right hand corners for some unknown reason..... :unsure: sssh

That's quite normal... It took me 3x as long to get up to a quick pace on the right hand corners on the track. Easy measurement of skill: Knee dragging. On the second day, my left knee was kissing and skipping. Third day, solidly planted. Fourth day, having to learn to lift it to avoid wearing out knee pucks!

But the right hand turns? Sheesh, it was like 3 or 4 days before I got it down.

And yes. Yes, I am VERY conservative and progress at a very controlled and relatively slow pace. On the converse side, I have dropped exactly 0 (yes, 0) street bikes in 25+ years of riding, and that includes well in excess of 100K (maybe closer to 200K?) miles and at least 8 full days spent on the track. The worst injuries to date have been hornet stings and dehydration. And facial muscle cramping... Smiling too much is dangerous, I tell ya!

That's quite normal... It took me 3x as long to get up to a quick pace on the right hand corners on the track. Easy measurement of skill: Knee dragging. On the second day, my left knee was kissing and skipping. Third day, solidly planted. Fourth day, having to learn to lift it to avoid wearing out knee pucks!

And yes. Yes, I am VERY conservative and progress at a very controlled and relatively slow pace. On the converse side, I have dropped exactly 0 (yes, 0) street bikes in 25+ years of riding, and that includes well in excess of 100K (maybe closer to 200K?) miles and at least 8 full days spent on the track. The worst injuries to date have been hornet stings and dehydration. And facial muscle cramping... Smiling too much is dangerous, I tell ya!

oh, i have shredded more than my share of knee padded leathers lmao..... and was a psycho in a straight line..... but that right turn stuff got the better of me. more often than not. luckily the hedges in england are relatively soft and do little damage to the bike sssh

Yeah... She has been incredible for us. Took our honeymoon on her, several trips to Canada, back to Missouri, a couple times to Texas, several times to Colorado, etc etc etc. Close to 80K miles. Never ONCE let us down!

Stock, they are a tremendous value. And with some tweaking, they can be shockingly good! I have surprised and humiliated more than a few squids on sport bikes...

Just a sampling of what I've done:

- Triumph/Nissin 4 piston front calipers with full floating rotors

- RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators in fork

- Custom front springs (modified some Progressive Suspension units)

- Modified stock rear shock

- Hand built Russell saddle

- Stereo with CD changer and XM Radio and integrated V1 radar detector

- All kinds of other electrical trickery - heated grips, electric vest ports, etc

- Modified bars to fit me

- Tweaked fairing to fit me

- Intake/exhaust/cam timing/ignition timing tweaks for a touch more power

Two up wheelies and stoppies (yes, I have literally lifted the rear tire with my wife AND saddle bags on board!) are a source of great amusement for my riding buddies!

Edited by mws

Well, I guess that means you aren't going to sell her to me? :huh:

I have dropped exactly 0 (yes, 0) street bikes in 25+ years of riding, and that includes well in excess of 100K (maybe closer to 200K?) miles

LMAO, Never had a street bike I didn't drop at least once, 6 so far. 2 required medical attention, but 1 was only because I couldn't relocate the shoulder by myself. The rest I picked up the bike and rode away from. :shrug:

People ask me why I always wear full gear and I just smile... That said, know anyone who wants a 01CBR1100XX, mint , <20k only down once lightly? :D

B

I want to get my gsxr so bad now. just have to wait for my tax return

and the right deal on ebay. still isnt time to go out on our roads yet

tones of gravel and sand. and the odd patchs of ice.

im loving ridind. just picked my bike up in january, got a 2005 ninja 250 for my first bike. gonna get a 2006 zx-6r at the end of summer after i have ridden the 250 awhile and learned how to ride. and then once i get the 600 ima stunt the 250

Well, I guess that means you aren't going to sell her to me? :huh:

Wellllll....... Jean still really really really wants the R1200RT with the electric seat heater. And I likey it as well. More of a question of when rather than whether. Hopefully, you will still be interested when we are ready! I need her to go to a good home to give her up. I'm weird that way.

I understand Martin (for both), I'm the same way.

My CRB is for sale after I detail it this weekend and then I need to get the K75 back on the road... It will do the job until I finish the Bug, determine what I'm doing with the pathy and pad the bank account a bit.

I did call on a 2003 1150RT with 4k miles for $11k the other weekend. Never got a call back and I decided not to persue... We think alike!

Hope you get the sweet BMW soon, regardless of whether I buy the connie.

Happy trails and rubber side down. :beer:

B

Man, you're a rare breed. I worked in a bike body/paint shop back in high school, mostly Ninja and GSX'Rs with the occassional touring bikes. Racers and street guys with small brains were our best customers... :D -thnkboutit-

After all that, still the only bikes I've riden had knobbies on dirt. ;)