Brights problem

Guest Otsego

Guest Otsego

yeah, so the brights flicker when im driving and they dont work very good at all because of it. last time we asked the mechanic to take a look and he said it needed a whole new switch for $350. you guys know of any solutions? :blink:

Guest Otsego

naw, i checked that out and tried to bend the contacts a bit, cleaned them too. works the same as it did before, theres got to be a short somewhere :crazy:

The only way the high beams are gonna flicker is if the switch is malfunctioning. The relay isn't gonna do that by itself, and the plug on the back of the headlight bulb won't do it, cause the high beam +12V wire wouldn't be on anyway unless the switch was causing it to be on. Re-check or replace your headlight/turnsignal switch, I say.

There is a module for the driving lights sorta behind the battery on the right hand side. I'm not sure if this would affect your brights. It did however affect my driving daytime driving lights. I took it apart and found a cold solder inside, resoldered and presto worked like a charm.

The only way the high beams are gonna flicker is if the switch is malfunctioning. The relay isn't gonna do that by itself, and the plug on the back of the headlight bulb won't do it, cause the high beam +12V wire wouldn't be on anyway unless the switch was causing it to be on. Re-check or replace your headlight/turnsignal switch, I say.

Actually, it can happen if the plug is bad at the headlight. Mine did this for low beams but would work on high. A strange mini-short or something. It slowly melted and the light would flicker, work sometimes and not others. I checked the bulb, all the obvious stuff, then looked inside the plug itself and saw it going to hell, so I replaced the plug for like $3.

actually now Mr P mentions it i had the same prob after i fixed my switch a few times, one of the plugs of the head lights was having a mysterious short, so i cleaned up the plug, fixed it and put new connectors in and all has been good since then