What To Do

PATHRIDER

Well, finally convinced the wife that she should get a pathy. Bad part is she wont let me touch it . Only thing she wanted me to do is to take off the brushguard which made me happy coz I need one for my pathy and replace the old factory deck with another one.She wouldve been happy with the factory system except the diplay doesnt work anymore.After replacing the deck found out that the speakers are shot so replaced all 4 yesterday and shes happy

135K on this pathy and no frame rust (first thing i checked) Only problem is it makes a loud ticking popping type noise on the left front end.Checked the cv boot and they are new.Could it be the bearing or brakes?

Here she is

whitey.jpg

Edited by mzxtreme

sorry it was the front left tire that I hear this noise . it does it driving straight around 25mph. It kinda gets louder as the speed picks up.

no noise hitting bumps or turning

Edited by PATHRIDER

sorry it was the front left tire that I hear this noise . it does it driving straight around 25mph. It kinda gets louder as the speed picks up.

no noise hitting bumps or turning

What makes you say its the tire? Have you checked to see if the noise is the exhaust manifold?

It does not make the noise when the pathy isnt running. It almost sounds like a bad cv but I already checked the cv and it mustve been replaced just resently.

forgot to mention also that its a 94 with disc brakes all the way around.

I'd check to make sure everything is tight...jack it up and move things around and see if you can find anything with excessive play

does the click change with speed...I had some cheap brake pads 1 time that had the shims glued to the back and the shims slid out and were hitting the spindles where the rotors attach so you may want to check that out as well

If it's not in 4wd the CV on that pathy should not move... Maybe you have a bad auto hub that's keeping it locked. Probably time to tear into it and see how it looks.

that's my first guess too.

could be shock or something like that too. you'll have to pull and push on the suspension to see what may be loose.

Thanks for the reply guys. m going to check the hubs tomorrow after I get the brakes inspected. Once I get it jacked up im going to inspect everything in that area also.

Unc the click does change as ithe speed changes. Hope its the pads too so I can just replace it. by the way guys when we got the pathy the dealers in house mechanic told me that the ABS module somewhere in the back seat is bad.My ABS lioghts are on and do you guys think this has something to do with that clicking also? The mechanic told me that I can pick up that module for around $50 and the ABs should work. Brakes works right now but havent tried to slam on it yet

A stone/rock a bad repair or even bitumen (hot) stuck in the tyre tread can make such noises. If you can't see anything, as is sometimes the case with a bulging tyre, rotate it and see if the noise moves too. I'd check that before you start pulling it apart. Just a thought.