Bridge Collapse

Terrano

yeah, i watched that on the news last night. how TRAGIC. I can't believe that school bus of kids ALL SURVIVED! that was great.

sadness for the people who lost their lives though. terrible tragedy.

I hope they overestimated the amount of traffic on the bridge at the time and they find bugger all cars with bodies in them.

I also hope the reason for the collapse is discovered very quickly so other similar type bridges can have potential structure failure identified.

It does leave you wondering how something like that could happen. Not good.

omg you guys should see the ambassador bridge between windsor and detroit. All the guard rails are completely rusted and cracked with holes in them and the bridge is uncomfortably shaky when a loaded 18-wheeler barrels past you. They were doing some work on it when we crossed it, but it makes you wonder. We had a bridge in quebec collapse not too long ago, so don't think this is only a problem in america.

I hope they overestimated the amount of traffic on the bridge at the time and they find bugger all cars with bodies in them.

I also hope the reason for the collapse is discovered very quickly so other similar type bridges can have potential structure failure identified.

It does leave you wondering how something like that could happen. Not good.

steel fatigue. that bridge has history of bad cracks in the girders and in a way it's not surprising. they kept making temporary fixes which they acted like they were permanent, basically. america's bridges are in a really bad condition. my state has been closing more then they have been opening in the last decade or so. they have been neglected for many, many years now. things are now catching up to us for being so ignorant of these issues.