Consistent Clicking in Engine Compartment

statikuz

Just started up my engine for the first time today after my body lift, and I'm hearing a clicking consistent with the speed of the engine, not a high-pitched click, and not a clunkclunkclunk, just kinda in the middle if you know what I mean... I went around and can't decide where exactly its coming from, it seems to be about in the middle, around the fan or belts... could there be a ding on a belt that's doing the clicking or should I look for something else?

I'm not sure, its not super-fast, definitely slow enough to make out individual "clicks" but I don't know what either of those sound like, so I can't really tell you. =(

hmmm ... well if it were me I would check to be sure that all the timing belt cover bolts are tight, then I would check the clutch fan, alternator, a/c pump, and power steering pump by removing/loosening the belts and rotate the pulleys by hand to see if you can duplicate any of the clicks ...

All the clicking in my rig was from the exsaust leak. THANK YOU SAND LAKE!!!

Actually its ok! It only cost 2 dollars to fix but around 2 hours to fix it. I was being lazy, I had a few beers, had to go get some weird thing from shucks that didnt even work. I finnaly got got sick of trying to get my fat fingers in between the hole and the heat sheild so I took a hamer and bent it enough to where I could almost fit 2 fingers in (while a normal human could get there whole hand in there).

Rami

could it be your fan hitting the fan shroud? Doesn't the shroud move up with the body while the fan remains in the stock position (obviously!) - dunnow though - I've never done a body lift...