What do you think of this price?

ahardb0dy

Had my step daughters 2002 Kia Spectra worked on, I had the water pump, timing belt and radiator replaced, check and cleared any codes and checked oil drain plug (thought it was leaking). Dropped the car off Monday afternoon, got a call Tuesday evening saying it was done.

Parts and tax's were $293

Labor $150

Not too bad right?? Total was $443 so we gave him $500, I always tip my guy cause he takes care of me.

Thats a good price, especially tthe labor. Sure, tipping him makes sense, especially because he takes care of you as you have said. I do the same occasionally when I feel it is appropriate.

B

That's a good deal, a history of apriciation though (like tipping as you said) always helps with return customer pricing and that little extra care and extra unnecessary step that was put into a product (this example, your car)

I didn't want to try it myself, it looked tight in there between the inner fender and the engine !! I just replaced the water pump on my sentra and it was fun and there was more room.

Heck yeah! only got charged a couple hours (at best) of labor for something that probably took 3-5.. I'm jealous!

As we all know, parts and taxes are usually less than the labor cost!

Edited by silverton