Stock 89 mating with 33x10.5x15 tires

bober47

I don't think you'll be able to fit 33's without any lift no matter how nuts you go with a sawzall! Most people here are running 6+ inches of lift along with fender trimming to clear something like that.

As mentioned cranking torsion bars doesn't require new t-bars. Read in the garage for the how to on adjusting the t-bars. I also say you are going to have a heck of a time getting them to fit. You might be able to get them to fit just barely, but you will have severly limited flex off-road.

I agree, definitely gonna need a lift for those tires. I've seen a 93 XE with that size tire on the stock 6" wide rim, he used a bl with a little taller coils and a tbar crank and had very minimal trimming. Just an FYI

Thank you for the execellent photo comparisons and advice. Makes me wonder just how much flex I have now with me 31's like when going off road how close do the tires come to the upper wheel wells? There's a guy on cardomain.com called "hillclimber" with an amazing pathfinder, extremely modified! Oh well, I'll keep dreaming of being higher!

My truck does fine the way it is.......for my adventures.

Bob

Edited by bober47