Funny and pissy story

Pathfinder-jay

Well as you all know this pathy is my first car and im overhauling it like crazy. Well when I first bought my truck I brought it to a garage I didnt know but heard some ok things about it. They changed my main brake line (5 hours labour) and my gas line (2hours) and rewired my fuel pump (1 hour). Now when I removed my floor I came to realize the idiots just cut off some rotten peice of my gas line and put a long 15 inch rubber hose, also states in my repair manual that it should never surpass 10 inch... besides the point they charged me for all the new steal lines and theres not one in there. My brake line is a whole other story... charged me 5 hours to cut 1 brake line in half and put it into my engine bay all messed up and bent out of shape... did not put back in original clips... We found out he didnt do it when I was cutting the floor and realized the idiot re-routed the wire between the frame and the floor so I realized when i got brake fluid pissing all over me. Next was my fuel pump wire which is suppost to run under the truck in a plastic conduit. These idiots drilled through my firewall and put ducktape then lied the bare wire ontop of a rusted floor and put the carpet back in....

I called him and he yelled alot at me but I kept my cool so i can do this proffesionaly if I have to take him to court. Im going tuesday with picture proff and em demanding a refund and compensation. In the mean time I bought all the new gas lines directly from nissan and em installing them asap.

Thats what happens when your a young kid trying to get your truck fixed I guess, lot of a-holes in the world. But i wont let him push me around, that was all done last OCT so... Ive learned alot since then and now when I go to the garage I always watch the mechanics work

Thanks

Jay

P.S. I only went to that mechanic once, then since then i go to my dads friends... and i get to help him work so I learn everything

P.S. I only went to that mechanic once, then since then i go to my dads friends... and i get to help him work so I learn everything

Best way in the world to learn. Sorry to hear about the jackass mechanic, though.

Let me be the first to say.. Some people can see you coming. You have "bend me over" written all over you. How do I know this... I read you posts.

:lol:

Guess you gotta learn to double check things some how.

At least when whoever (done long before I got it) changed the brake and fuel lines on my 88 they were too lazy to remove the old nasty ones, they just ran the new ones next to the old. :shrug: At least they didn't do a hack job.

damn jay.. sorry to hear you got skrewd there. definitely take pics (DATED pics) and persue the matter.. what a lazy bunch of.. :X

live and learn......

Sorry to hear, cause that sucks. Good luck!

That's the key in the long run. Learn, then you won't have to risk turning your truck over to some idiots.

Thats what happens when your a young kid trying to get your truck fixed I guess, lot of a-holes in the world. But i wont let him push me around, that was all done last OCT so... Ive learned alot since then and now when I go to the garage I always watch the mechanics work

Thanks

Jay

Yes, some shops will try to take advantage when they can. The few times I go to a shop I tell them before hand that I'm a machinist and home mechanic and sometimes they STILL try to jack me around. I'll never understand that !

Working with someone experiences is the best way to learn, keep it up.

Some people can see you coming. You have "bend me over" written all over you. How do I know this... I read you posts.

Put a lid on it V6...

B

Put a lid on it V6...

B

If you don't tell him, he will never know. If he doesn't know, then he can't learn. If he can't learn he will keep getting ripped off. You and I both don't want that to keep happening. So speak up and say it like it is so we can help Jay help himself, otherwise....... sssh

Well I obviously learned my lesson. Kind of hard to know if he did a good job... if the floor isnt out... or you dont crawl under and check. Personally when I got my truck I knew nothing about cars but by reading these forums, manuals, books, and some mechanic friends helping me out I was able to realize alot of phony work that has been done on this truck in the past. I fixed almost all cept brake line and fuel line. Fuel line I got ordered now but Im wondering if I should get that new type of brake line, flexes... its sort of like meshed metal. Let me know if anyone out there has tried it. Im replacing the fuel line myself, I dropped my gas tank already and grinded/sanded it down, coated it with 2 layers of zrc and 2 layers of gravel guard and 2 layers of black paint. I doubt she will rust now... But for the gas lines I purchased the new clips but removing the lines isnt very easy... does anyknow have some tips to lend on how to do it?

Thanks

Jay

Well I obviously learned my lesson. Kind of hard to know if he did a good job... if the floor isnt out... or you dont crawl under and check. Personally when I got my truck I knew nothing about cars but by reading these forums, manuals, books, and some mechanic friends helping me out I was able to realize alot of phony work that has been done on this truck in the past. I fixed almost all cept brake line and fuel line. Fuel line I got ordered now but Im wondering if I should get that new type of brake line, flexes... its sort of like meshed metal. Let me know if anyone out there has tried it. Im replacing the fuel line myself, I dropped my gas tank already and grinded/sanded it down, coated it with 2 layers of zrc and 2 layers of gravel guard and 2 layers of black paint. I doubt she will rust now... But for the gas lines I purchased the new clips but removing the lines isnt very easy... does anyknow have some tips to lend on how to do it?

Thanks

Jay

Life is one huge classroom Jay. You should never stop learning. EVER. I am an old fart and still learn something new most days.

Try to be aliitle more hands on. The jobs you said you had those arseholes do are not hard. If you stuff it up... fine, get someone else to do it. I would have questioned them having to be done in the first place too. Any work on those areas is for the most part is unheard of.

I still remember doing my first diff. I was 15yrs old. It was an amazing feeling when I changed it and it worked.

What clips are you talking about? The ones in the engine bay??