Converting..

Pathfinder-jay

Dude I thought you were like out of $$ after what happened w/ your other Pathy(s)

And your considering doing an auto--->manual swap?? :shrug:

Edited by navygz19

Its possible, but a lot of work and $$ depending on who does it and where you find the donor tranny.

With your current situation it might be better to find what you want already assembled ;)

Ya, I aint rich... i just found a pathy not to far from my house and i was thinking ahead... so maybe couple months down the road... if i win in court... and with work etc.. i might have a bit of money to throw at putting a manual into it... I have the tranny... its in my blue truck...brand new with new clutch... so i dont want it to go to complete waste...

Like i said i found a 93 pathy near my house with a mint body... just its an autotragic..

i think as long as you have a donor truck to swap the ECU, (possibly a crossmember re-arange or swap) and the tranny...i think it can be done...

just loads and loads of work...

Not worth the effort IMHO. I was thinking hard about the same idea earlier as well. Way too many parts to buy/procure and swap over. Plus, there's no shifter hole in the floor and it's a BIG hole.

But hey, if you have the time money and patience, feel free.

i think as long as you have a donor truck to swap the ECU

so if u have an auto ecu it wont work for a manual tranny?...i assumed u could go auto to manual just not the other way? wouldnt the only diff be the ecu would have shift points in it?

Well i took her for a test drive and let me tell you... she sounds like new, everything is super clean, very very clean... checked all the mechanics of it etc... got a nice sunroof haha just wat i always wanted... he kept it clean and after driving the autotragic i didnt mind at all... i liked it actually lol

dude if you like it then get it, there are plenty of people , myself included, that have been drivin autotragic paths for a long time with no incidence. Put a cooler on it and don't drive like an idiot and should be alright. But if you really have your mind set on manual then just have some patience and you'll eventually find the right path for you, anyway good luck bro

The guy let me drive around for awhile in it and it was so good, I didnt mind the automatic, was relaxing actualy... good for all the highway driving I do... nice and relaxing.

Has the following options:

-Sunroof

-Leather Seats

-Fender Flares

-Crome trim/bumpers/mirrors

-Air Conditioning

-Heated Seats

-Electric locks

-Electric windows

-Electric mirors

-Towing package

-Hitch

-Tinted windows

Maybe others stuff but not sure...

Its black with crome bumpers/trim... will get some pics soon! has 31 inch tires... and i got my 3 inch lift coming so... should be nice

Thanks

Jay....

Sounds like a pretty good deal, I am not sure what your plans are but I think I would buy the pathy and part out your other truck since it is already parts :) and use the cash to mod out your new pathy. Just my opinion.

Congrats on finding a new pathy.

As far as converting auto -----> manual don' bother. Lots of fab work in it. It won't be worth it. I have an auto pathy, and it seems to wheel just fine. In fact she was showing up modded Jeeps sunday on the hill climbs.